Wow, so I started mashing the keyboard as soon as I got home today, and I just stopped. The forum rewrite had been the bane of my existence for almost three years, but the last few weeks I've been like a machine.
Tonight I added the original code that I prototyped at least two years ago to do search. I managed to integrate it in just a few hours, do some tweaking, and it appears to run correctly. To really see if it will work, I need to run it against some production data (namely the gigabyte that is CoasterBuzz) and see what happens. Converting that data is gonna suck, but I suppose it has to be done.
A lot of the other things on my milestone list have just been melting away, and I feel pretty good about what I've written. I might just make my 1/1/2007 deadline to get to a feature equivalent point, though it's gonna be close.
Now I really need to go to bed...